Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas from Kittredge Cherry and Jesus in Love

Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, Love divine;
Love was born at Christmas;
Star and angels gave the sign.

-- Christina Rossetti, queer writer of carols and poetry


Kittredge Cherry and the Jesus in Love Blog hope you have a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, jolly Kwanzaa, joyous Yule, wonderful Solstice or enjoy other mid-winter festival of your choice! Soon the days will grow longer and the Bridge of Light will lead us to a new year.

___
Credit: “Rainbow Star” by Andrew Craig Williams, a queer artist in Wales. Thanks, Andy, and Nadolig Llawen!

3 comments:

Andrew Craig Williams said...

Nadolig Llawen to you too, Kitt. Here's a lovely Welsh song that makes me all Christmassy http://youtu.be/N4bDGAD_GiQ a beautiful song called "Y Darlun".
Peace and joy to you, my friend x

Kevin said...

I got one of the greatest gifts of all the not seeen since 1999 and not available in any cataloge since then, The Candlelight Vigil for Matthew Shepard

Kittredge Cherry said...

Kevin, are you talking about the painting by Sandow Birk? Or is there another one? Sandow’s painting with that title is here on the Jesus in Love Blog with my interview of him this link:

Stonewall's LGBT history painted: Interview with Sandow Birk
http://jesusinlove.blogspot.com/2012/06/stonewalls-lgbt-history-painted.html

Your comment reminds me that I should add it to my profile of Matthew Shepard too.

Andy, I look forward to listening to your song!