Friday, February 06, 2009

Music video supports same-sex marriage

"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo. A touching video supports same-sex marriage -- at a time when group divorce is threatened for 18,000 same-sex marriages in California. I was moved by seeing images of real gay and lesbian couples set to the song “Fidelity” by Regina Spektor. Courage Campaign made the music video to inspire people to sign a petition to the California Supreme Court to protect same-sex marriage. Petition deadline: Valentine’s Day! News broke Tuesday (Feb. 3) that the state Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on March 5, then decide within 90 days about the validity of Prop 8 and the 18,000 marriages. Ken Starr -- yes, the prosecutor who led the campaign to impeach President Bill Clinton -- filed a legal brief for the "Yes on 8" campaign. It would forcibly divorce the 18,000 same-sex couples married in California last year before the passage of Prop 8. When Starr's legal brief went public in December, the Courage Campaign immediately launched the "Don't Divorce..." campaign, asking members to send pictures with a simple message. See those beautiful, powerful photos on the music video, and consider signing the petition at CourageCampaign.org.

1 comment:

Love is Life said...

I find the valuable information is provided by you.

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.