Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter from lesbian Christian author

Happy Easter! Be sure to watch the new Easter video of me speaking from a wilderness trail in the flowering hills of Los Angeles. I’m surrounded by wild mustard plants at the height of their blossoming. I admire the tall plants with their beautiful yellow flowers, and I remember what Jesus said: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed…Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches.” (Matthrew 13:31-32) Jesus liked to talk about mustard seeds. On another occasion he said, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20) Now every time I walk among the mustard flowers, I remember the power of faith. On Easter and every day, may we all stay in touch with our potential to grow, blossom and move mountains. To see the video, click here or on the image above.

2 comments:

clawjack said...

If they hated me they will also hate you. If they persecuted me they will also persecute you.The Traditional Signs of the True Church? We like to think it is being One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic. I think that it is more likely found in arousing hatred, persecution and opposition. Jesus was hated for being true to who he was. I guess we should expect nothing different. How good that the Lord says to take couage because he has overcome. The peace Christ gives is different than we want or expect" it is in making us embrace our inner selves, the selves that God created and willed to be. Turmoil is from running away from who we are.

Trudie said...

The mustard flowers are truly a sermon in themselves! Thanks for sharing this blessed moment.