Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bloggers, let’s celebrate LGBT Pride!

Bloggers have a new way to join together and celebrate LGBT Pride this month through BloggersUnite.org.

Please click this link to participate:

http://www.bloggersunite.org/event/lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-lgbt-pride-month

I recently “sponsored” LGBT Pride Month at BloggersUnite.org. They encourage people to blog about all kinds of causes -- but there was NOTHING about gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender issues. So I set up the LGBT Pride Month event.

So far four other bloggers have signed up. I hope that you will, too.

Here’s how it works
* I “created” the event LGBT Pride Month
* Bloggers write about it during June
* Bloggers share their posts thru BloggersUnite.org

I've been a member of BloggersUnite.com since last year for World AIDS Day. Their Bloggers Unite for the Gulf has helped me move from grief to action. I'm happy with the ease of using the website and the sincerity of the people involved. As an added bonus, your participation can help your blog reach more people.

I hope to set up more LGBT-related events at Bloggers Unite -- such as LGBT History Month, Harvey Milk Day, International Day Against Homophobia… maybe even some queer Christian holidays honoring our saints. It’s all part of being who God created us to be.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be participating!

Kittredge Cherry said...

Sweet! I left a message for you in your “shout box” at BloggersUnite.com. Love your bio there, “Batman.”

Kittredge Cherry said...

Bloggers Unite for LGBT Pride Month was a success. Ten bloggers signed up to participate.